geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [vote] XML Parsing
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:44:19 GMT
On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 12:56  am, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> I think we should just use Digester directly.

Why?

> Betwixt looks interesting but I don't see why we need it.

It defaults the Digester rules for you - provided you follow some real
simple naming conventions (getters, setters, adders).

> I wrote some digester code the handle mbean description files in about
> 20 minutes (without knowing anything about Digester).

Betwixt auto-defaults the Digester rules using introspection so it
saves writing all that Digester glue. Also note that Digester is read
only - it cannot generate XML. Betwixt defaults digester rules to parse
XML and can generate XML from the beans if required.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/