geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Comments on committer process
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:46:48 GMT
> Now for the explanation.  :-)  I am a big fan of Wiki, but it does not
> replace the mailing list.  The mailing list should be used for
> discussion,
> and MUST be used for voting.  The mailing lists are archived and
> provide an
> paper trail.  They are a record of the project.

Wiki is also backed up and has revision history.  I am all for using
mailing list + wiki for voting.  I find it a huge pain to dig through
emails to find out what the result of a vote was.

With the wiki we can see the binding and non-binding votes easily as
well as have the wiki tally up the votes and so on.

--jason