geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Aaron Mulder as committer
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:49:22 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:41:46PM -0000, geronimo-dev-digest-help@incubator.apache.org wrote:
> From: Jason Dillon <jason@coredevelopers.net>
> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:54:23 +0700
>
> Have we informed the incubator PMC about the new committer?

By definition, the incubation process requires a person we've termed a
"shepherd" to act as a guide for the new project. The shepherd is
responsible to make sure that the project learns about operation at the
ASF and to take care of the necessary administrativia required by the ASF
(such as CLAs, software grants, etc.)

The Geronimo shepherds are nominally: Jim Jagielski, James Strachan, Geir
Magnusson Jr, and Ceki Gulcu. Normally, there is just one, but a lot of
people were interested, and this is also a "big" project. That said, I
believe it is important for the shepherds to be more involved; I have not
need much guidance from them...

In any case; back to the original question: yes, the Incubator is now
voting and/or discussing. In particular, about the question Jason
implicitly posed and I commented on in my last post: how does the
Incubator apply appropriate oversight and controls to the new committer
process in this scenario?

Cheers,
-g

--