geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject who can vote?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:47:48 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:23:08AM -0000, geronimo-dev-digest-help@incubator.apache.org wrote:
> From: siva@sivasundaram.com
> Subject: [vote]Alan Cabrera & Aaron Mulder
> To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:29:52 -0700
>
> Although i cannot *officially* vote(actually discouraged by apache)

Woah! Of course you're encouraged to vote! That is why we have the terms
"binding" and "non-binding" votes. It is myopic to believe the committers
have all the information; input from the wider community is important. The
+1/0/-1 style of voting is a quick way to gather that input. To get a
sense of where people are coming from, where they'd like to go, and what
their opinions are.

*Please* continue to vote. Your input is essential. Everybody on the list
should. The final tally might not count you, but if the whole community
votes against something that a few committers are +1'ing, then it should
be readily apparent that those committers ought to stop and rethink.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/