geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Urberg <tim_urb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plan of Action (RE: committers (again))
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:30:30 GMT
I can remember when I was fairly new to open source (which wasn't that long
ago).  I'm not sure any hand holding is required.  The way it works is you just
grab the code base, get to know it, find something that is broken, announce to
everyone that you're going to fix it, and how (to make sure that no one else is
doing the same thing) and then fix it. Then either commit if (if you have
rights) or send it to the list for someone else to commit it. The same goes for
new fuctionality.  It's really not as hard as it seems, it's just *a lot*
different that what you're used to, which is people telling you how it should
be done.  From my experence, this has been my understanding of how open source
works.

That's my $0.02 added on to your $0.02 which makes $0.04 :)

Tim Urberg
OpenEJB Developer