geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Closing items 49-56,58-65 as duplicate -- PLEASE READ
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:58:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:06:59PM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> If you want an opinion from someone to the side, it's seems quite
> preferable to have separate issues remain separate and open, even if they
> are all very related, until each is closed.  Doesn't strike me that
> closing all these issues as duplicates was a good idea.
>
> 	Brian

I agree totally, but I don't think bug tracking is the real issue here.

There have been a few very critical emails on this incident.  I have compiled a list of the
changes so that everyone may understand why they were grouped.  Please note the times.

TIME    NO   DESC
 5:45   49 - Misspelled a word
 6:03   50 - Added a parameter to a method
 7:17   51 - Changed a signature from public to private
 8:05   52 - Same change as 51, plus additional changes
 8:11   53 - Changed a signature from public to private (updates 52)
 9:45   54 - More complete patches to javax.mail
 9:48   55 - Added a toString method (3 lines of code)
 9:50   56 - Revision to a javax.mail class, added test case
10:08   58 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:10   59 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:12   60 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:15   61 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:19   62 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:23   63 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case
10:27   64 - Revisions javax.mail.event package
10:32   65 - Revision to a javax.mail.internet class, added test case

16 total in a span of 5 hours, all to packages only Alex is working on.

I am very happy to review changes and assist contributors, but I do not encourage people to
send a steady stream of patches all day long because they are upset they don't have cvs privileges
and are trying to make a point.

-David