geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Closing items 49-56,58-65 as duplicate -- PLEASE READ
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:31:50 GMT

David, I still think there's nothing wrong with opening separate tickets
for genuinely separate issues, no matter how quickly you find them.  If
you think it's being done because "they are upset they don't have cvs
privileges" and it's annoying you, just give him CVS privileges and be
done with it.  Or review his patches and commit each of them, closing each
issue.  One of the points of using an issue tracker should be to get out
of the situation where only one person is working on a given piece of
code, and this is the right way to do that.

Volunteer motivation and energy are precious resources, and everything
that project leaders do should be around encouraging that rather than
deflecting it because it's annoying.

	Brian