geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Urberg <>
Subject Re: JMX Management Console
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:24:25 GMT
Speaking of a web-based console, what kind of management things would we want
in it?  I would imagine that we want to be able to:

1. deploy beans
2. configure the server parts, like JMS, EJB containers, web services, etc
3. Container Managed Persistance Mapping

In the OpenEJB web management console we also had a searchable log file list
with color coding.

These are places to start anyway.

Tim Urberg,
OpenEJB Developer

--- Matt Kurjanowicz <> wrote:
> It looks like Aaron was right in that the JMX code is quite easy to
> manage without writing some sort of middle-api that would exist between
> a JMX client and Geronimo components.  I've looked through a lot of the
> code in (in core) and the JMX looks simple enough to
> not need a proprietary API written.  I think the next step would be to
> get cracking at the console.  I can start writing commands for Twiddle
> (or at least trying to ;) ), or look more at N. Alex Rupp's web-based
> JMX console.
> Any opinions?
> -Matt
> mkurjano at