geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From founder_chen <founder_c...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: Who are working on the JMS integration
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:43:34 GMT
Hi,

Yeah, The JMS interface is for application programming
code, and the JCA is used to integrate a JMS provider
in to an application server.

In the Book <<Addison Wesley - J2EE Connector
Architecture and Enterprise Application Integration>>
, Chapter 6.6.1:
"A JMS provider implements the JMS API for an
enterprise messaging system and provides access to the
services provided by the underlying message system.
Vendors who provide application servers also include a
JMS provider implementation as part of an application
server. Currently, a JMS provider is plugged in to an
application server in a vendor-specific manner. The
Connector architecture 2.0 version defines a standard
for plugging a JMS provider in to an application
server. This standard means that a JMS provider can be
treated
similarly to a resource adapter in terms of the
system-level contracts that are based on the Connector
architecture 2.0 version. However, a JMS provider will
have a JMS API as a client API for its underlying
enterprise
messaging system."

So we can take a look at the JCA spec, and make sure
if there is already a definition for plugging a JMS
provider in the latest JCA spec(1.5)

Sincerely,
founder_chen