geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From founder_chen <founder_c...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: Who are working on the JMS integration
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:46:54 GMT
Hi,

Stefan Schuster wrote:

>Maybe we should take a look at more JMS provider
implementations than just openJMS see what they are
using as an interface to the j2ee server, so we
>can pick an interface that is supported by as many
>providers as possible.

But most message broker vendors provide
vendor-specific APIs, These APIs are specific to a
message broker product and require an in-depth
knowledge
of the message broker. Such requirements add to the
complexity of building these vendor-specific adapters
and also lock us using a particular vendor.
So I think it is hard to pick an interface that is
supported by as many providers as possible.

Sincerely
founder_chen