geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Conner <Kevin.Con...@orchard-systems.co.uk>
Subject RE: Plan of Action (RE: committers (again))
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:35:57 GMT
> The bug reporting tool at Jira (see the Wiki/FAQ for the
> link) is used
> for this purpose. The idea is that that way, patches can
> never get lost
> (though they may also not be applied :-)

And jboss has a similar thing. :-)

> At least it solves the idea of submitted patches
> disappearing, which is
> one of the things that you mentioned.

But the most important issue to me, and presumably other
would-be contributors, is to have some sort of feedback.

There is nothing worse than sending these in, whether by the
list or Jira, and then have them sit there doing nothing :-).
This is probably the quickest way to dissuade someone from
contributing.

	Kev

Kevin Conner
This is a personal e-mail. Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Orchard Information Systems Ltd.