geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Who wants to be a committer?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:42:06 GMT
So, a new process; if you are interested in becoming a committer, and
have submitted enough code/contributions/become a member of the
community, simply reply to this message title. Please do not reply to
this same message title if you are not interested in becoming a
committer, or are not a committer replying.

Once you've announced your intent, can a committer then post a reply to
this, officially proposing a vote for that person. This will kick-start
the normal ASF processes which I'm sure we'd all want to follow anyway.

To make it clearer, I suggest that message titles are as follows:

Who wants to be a committer? <- this message
Re: Who wants to be a commiter? Alex Blewitt <- people who are
interested in nominating themselves
[Vote] Re: Who wants to be a committer? Alex Blewitt <- a committer
will have to officially launch the voting process off
Re: [Vote] Re: Who wants to be a committer? Alex Blewitt <- responses
from other people (committers have the only binding votes, but support
from the community is also a good indication)

Alex.