geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lyndon Samson <sams...@dodo.net.au>
Subject Re: Script on geronimo (was Ideas)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:33:02 GMT
Hello Danilo,

DLR> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 00:30, Bruce Snyder wrote:

>> IMO, Adding support for the Bean Scripting Framework
>> (http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/) is a very good idea that should
>> be part of Geronimo.

DLR>   I think this is a good idea.
DLR>   But how exactly do you think scripting can be integrated on a
DLR> application server ?
DLR>   How this will be used ?

Well, I thought it might be nice to allow BSF languages to script EJB methods. The EJB interface
provides
a nice constraint on the boundaries of the script code, preventing it getting too unwieldly
and out of hand.
As there is not a 1-1 method call/method execution relationship to remote/EJB methods the
interception could be
routed to something other than a regular java method.
You could have some quite interesting abilities available to you in this case, how about downloading
business
logic ( the script ) from a HTTP server?

--
Best regards,
 Lyndon                            mailto:samsonl@dodo.net.au