geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From mkurj...@cc.gatech.edu (Matthew David Kurjanowicz)
Subject Re: [newbie] JMX Console - where to start?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:47:20 GMT
As far as Twiddle commands go, I think that we should try to mirror
closely the actions taken in any management console (or consoles).  So if
we decide to write Twiddle commands, we need to make sure that what Alex
is working on will do the same thing (like start server, etc.) -> if there
are more than one way to start and stop a server.  I think this should be
spread to a higher level, and that we should decide to represent objects
the same way on different consoles.  (i.e., a server, a Database, Database
pool, should be represented the same way in Twiddle, vs. on the web, vs.
in a Swing window).

That said, I am extremely willing to begin working on Twiddle commands.

Also, once Alex gets more code out about his web console, I'd like to port
some of it to a Swing console -> this being bc of my preference of Swing
over web, but it's just a personal preference (and I can host it and work
on it somewhere else if need be).

Just 2cents.
-Matt