geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [javamail] diff from javamail 1.3.1
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:06:13 GMT
On Sunday, Aug 31, 2003, at 23:49 Europe/London, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> See http://nagoya.apache.org/~dims/mailapi/newdocs/changes.html for
> JDiff generated differences
> between our classes and classes from javamail 1.3.1.
>
> For example in our javax.mail.search.StringTerm class we have a method
> "getInoreCase()" which
> actually should be "getIgnoreCase()".

I've created a bunch of patches to fix these issues.

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-49
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-53
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-51
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-52
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-50

There are other cosmetic differences that JDiff reports that aren't
important, such as in which class .equals() is implemented. Since this
is one of the key methods inherited by Object, it doesn't actually
matter in which class it is defined provided that it works.

The other differences are duplicate references to interface methods
(Multipart includes all the methods in Part, even though it's a
subtype) and synchronzied/non-synchronized methods; only the
implementations that need synchronized have them.

Alex.