geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Status: JavaMail API implementation now at Alpha quality
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:45:48 GMT
I have submitted a patch [*] covering the majority of work that I have
done on implementing the JavaMail API. Importantly, this allows
developers to now instantiate the MimeMessage class, and for simple
(text formats) messages, the MimeMessage should be usable by those
implementing transports/stores.

There are some unimplemented features; it cannot yet handle multipart
messages, and there are issues with non-ASCII encodings at present.
Hopefully these issues will be ironed out with test cases that break
the API and thus can be fixed. I would otherwise personally raise a bug
to record each of these cases, but I am not sure this is within the
standard use of the bug tracking tool by the geronimo team.

I am off on holiday for a couple of weeks, and access is likely to be
sporadic; I won't be doing any coding in any case. I hope that this set
of code gives other developers the necessary base framework to continue
implementing JavaMail providers.

Regards,

Alex.

[*] http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-80