geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [moving-code] Boot time services to kernel module
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 06:39:25 GMT
Of course this turned into a massive effort... A list of the all of the
code moved from core follows:

Moved to common module
----------------------
o.a.g.common.jmx
   AbstractMBeanProxyHandler.java
   DependencyService.java
   JMXUtil.java
   MBeanRelationship.java
   Relationship.java
   RelationshipMBeanProxyFactory.java
o.a.g.common.management
   the entire package o.a.g.management except AbstractManagedObject
   (we need this one here because boot services implement these
interfaces)
o.a.g.common.service
   the entire package o.a.g.common from core module
   AbstractManagedObject

Moved to kernel module
----------------------
o.a.g.kernel
   Main
o.a.g.kernel.deployment
   the entire package o.a.g.deployment except model and repository
o.a.g.kernel.jmx
   JMXKernel
   GeronimoMBean* (I'm not sure about this one, but GermonimoMBean
       uses o.a.g.k.d.DeploymentException)

With this structure the we get a kernel that can boot with the
following jars:
   commons-collections-SNAPSHOT.jar 464k
   commons-digester-1.5.jar 108k
   commons-jexl-SNAPSHOT.jar 112k
   commons-lang-SNAPSHOT.jar 168k
   commons-logging-1.0.3.jar 32k
   geronimo-common-DEV.jar 172k
   geronimo-kernel-DEV.jar 96k
   log4j-1.2.8.jar 348k
   mx4j-SNAPSHOT.jar 388k
   xerces-2.4.0.jar 876k
   xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar 108k

Which is 2.8 MB total.  I think we can remove the boot requirement on
xerces and the xml-apis which would put us comfortably under 2MB.  I
would love to get rid of commons-collections because it is a pig, but
digester uses one class from it.

I'm going to sit on these changes until noon tomorrow CST (about 10
hours from now), to give everyone due time complain.

-dain