geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Plan of Action (RE: committers (again))
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:43:58 GMT
Michael,

I think everyone here has a responsibility to themselves and to the
community to do their best to answer questions and disseminate information
about the project and its surrounding technologies without lording their
experience over the rest of the crowd.  My experience here has been very
positive--the community on this list is very instructional as well as
functional.  A lot of the stuff we're working on is the culmination of years
of research and independent experience--not always something we can
reasonably demand our newcomers gather before they post questions.  You and
your questions, and the questions of all the other newcomers are welcome on
the geronimo-dev list as far as I'm concerned, and I'm confident everyone
here will do what they can to help--provided you're willing to help yourself
as well.  I'd be willing to bet nobody here learned what they know about
J2EE in a classroom.

That said, a "New to J2EE?" section of the Wiki would be a fine resource for
newcomers to the project--a place to start learning about the internals of
the technology.  There are many good books and online resources available
for the different subsystems of Geronimo.  Compiling a list of them in the
wiki would be a good place to start.

Finally, nothing beats the code for examples and evidence of the technology.

Also, remember--there are few better ways to learn something than by
teaching it.

Best,
--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)