geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Plan of Action (RE: committers (again))
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:10:30 GMT
> How about a plan of action?
>
> Step #1: 1 week of Nominations. Existing committers can
> nominate new committers by sending a note to the dev mailing
> list. Step #2: One of the ASF sponsors consolidates the list
> of nominations and starts a VOTE on the dev mailing list.
> VOTE is open for 1 week. Existing committers can use
> +1/+0/-0/-1 to indicate their preference in an email to the
> dev mailing list. Step #3: ASF sponsor conveys the result of
> the VOTE to the incubator PMC and asks for permission to add
> the new committers.

How does this handle the situation where someone does not get voted in -
the last thing I want to do is put people off from contributing because
they risk a negative public vote?

An option might be to ask a nominee in advance if they are interested,
so that it is a risk they are aware of in advance. You could argue that
by submitting patches they have opened themselves up for it, but I would
prefer it was explicit.

--
Jeremy