geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <sack...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: committer process
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:07:51 GMT
> The ASF requires that all active committers be part of the PMC. It is just
> that simple. Say anything you want, but it won't change the facts.

Greg, if this is the case, you need to add this to the documentation on the
incubator pages. Thats what I was going by. You seem to know official ASF
policy since you are the chairman. However, it would be nice if you get
disseminate to the little people (put up documentation) when you get a
chance so we don't have to wait for you to make condescending comments on a
mailing list.

If its ASF policy, why didn't you just say that last week when this whole
conversation got started. sheesh!

> In any case, what Jim Jagielski is saying that the ideal is that all
> committers are on the PMC. Just because it is broken elsewhere

Uh...everywhere. According to earlier posts, "almost all" committers are PMC
members for httpd. We know that this isn't true for jakarta. A very large
chunk of the other top-level project are jakarta spinoffs.

> Corollary: the Jakarta PMC is broken. They know it, and they have spent
> some time increasing the size of the PMC to include all active committers.

Wow this is news to me. I am a Jakarta committer. I haven't been contacted
or heard any rumors. Now that I have your attention Mr. Chairman, when am I
going to be made a Jakarta PMC member?

Ryan Ackley