geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: how does one configure a new service?
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:53:00 GMT
IM Transcript from conversation with Jeremy follows, explaining service
deployment.

n_alex_rupp: May I ask a question?
jeremyboynes: sure
n_alex_rupp: Are Dain and you working on service deployment documentation?
n_alex_rupp: Or service configuration docs?
jeremyboynes: I am not
n_alex_rupp: He mentioned something about it a few weeks ago.
n_alex_rupp: I'd like to deploy something I'm working on as a service.
Where can I look for ideas on how to do that?
n_alex_rupp: I just need a shove in the right direction ; )
jeremyboynes: there is a basic -service.xml file in core/src/conf
jeremyboynes: and there should be an XSD for it in the schema directory
n_alex_rupp: sweet.
n_alex_rupp: Do I pack it up as a .sar, like we used to?
jeremyboynes: you can do it bare
n_alex_rupp: or must it be done through maven?
jeremyboynes: or as an unpacked sar
n_alex_rupp: great.
jeremyboynes: and drop in the deploy driectory
n_alex_rupp: will do.  thank you ; )
jeremyboynes: or deploy the URL using the console

Thanks, Jeremy,
--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)