geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [newbie] JMX Console - where to start?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:58:40 GMT
Aaron,

MEJBs use JMX under the hood.  Dynamic MBeans can be accesses just like any
other MBean.  This is a non-issue. We'll be able to access any and every
manageable resource on the server using JMX.  That's the whole point of JMX.
If we decide to use MEJBs to make our lives easier later on, super.

More on this can be found in Chapter 7 of the J2EE management spec:  I hope
that clears up your question : )

--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)

"The J2EE Management EJB component (MEJB) provides interoperable
access to the J2EE Management Model from any J2EE component on all
platforms that implement the J2EE Management specification. The MEJB
component incorporates the Java Management Extensions (JMX) API, a standard
framework for Java object instrumentation.

The MEJB component exposes the managed objects on any J2EE platform as
JMX manageable resources as defined by the Java Management Extensions
Instrumentation and Agent Specification (JSR003). The MEJB component
provides local and remote access of the platform's manageable resources
through
the EJB interoperability protocol."