geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Status: JavaMail API implementation now at Alpha quality
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:08:58 GMT
I checked the patch into branch javamail_030912 which is rooted at
specs/javamail.
Note that the raw patch places constants in the wrong directory and does
not include the changes needed to project.xml.

The branched version compiles but fails to unit test (on WinXP/Sun
JDK1.4.2) - that may be a good place to start.

This is an implementation of the JavaMail API, for which the spec is
vague - however, the RI has been around for years and should be used to
clarify any ambiguities (believe me, this is important).

Because this is a spec module, it should not have any dependency on
Geronimo-specific modules such as geronimo-common, or indeed on any
other Apache modules. We want the spec stuff to be independent.

As to other stuff, use your judgement. The two issues I described were
obvious from a quick scan of the patch file - I have not looked any
deeper than that and there may be more.

--
Jeremy