geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Kurjanowicz" <mkurj...@cc.gatech.edu>
Subject RE: JMX Management Console
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 03:00:59 GMT
It's good to know that all this JMX stuff fits together well, and looks
easily doable...

BUT, and this is embarrassing to admit, I've lost you guys in
converstation.  Is there any place where I can go to get basic
documentation into all this stuff.  I'm working through the J2EE
tutorial on the Sun website right now...is that the best place?

Thanks,
Matt
mkurjano at cc.gatech.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Mulder [mailto:ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 9:25 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMX Management Console

	Thanks you again.  Am I right that in order to extract the
"j2eeType" property from the String supplied by J2EEServer, we could do
something like this:

new ObjectName(name).getKeyProperty("j2eeType")

Thanks,
	Aaron

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, gianny DAMOUR wrote:
> This is a possible implementation. However, J2EEServer.getResources
returns
> an array of OBJECT_NAME/String identifying the available resources. A
name
> contains a "j2eeType" property which can be used to infer the type of
the
> Manageable Object.
>
> For instance, the names returned by J2EEServer.getResources could be:

geronimo.j2ee.management:j2eeType=JDBCResource,name=Oracle,J2EEServer=se
rver

geronimo.j2ee.management:j2eeType=JMSResource,name=OpenJMS,J2EEServer=se
rver