geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <>
Subject Re: [deployment][jsr77] Dependency code in AbstractStateManageable.
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:08:00 GMT

>>Create an AbstractManagedObject which implements ManagedObject and
I assume that ManagedObject will be an interface defining the
J2EEManagedObject. That AbstractManagedObject will be an implementation of
ManagedObject, in other words J2EEManagedObject, and also an implementation
of StateManageable.

If my assumptions are right, then it means that the 77 models/components
should extend AbstractManagedObject. I said in a previous memo, that this is
an implementation via inheritance of the problem. Even if inheritance is
fine for the StateManageable requirements, I still believe that a
composition will be more handy:

A component, which mirrors a specific J2EEManagedObject as defined by the
specifications, creates the relevant J2EEManagedObject. This
J2EEManagedObject is added to the 77 model. This additional layer, focused
solely on the 77 requirements, can then be used to manage the J2EE
applications. Up to the component to push the relevant pieces of information
to its mirroring J2EEManagedObject. Up to the J2EEManagedObject to trigger
the StateManageable operations on its related component.

I must have a look to the "Deployment" sub-project, but I assume that it is
easy to trigger the creation of J2EEDeployedObject when a EAR is deployed.
If this EAR contains a EJB, then an EJBModule is added to the previously
created J2EEDeployedObject instance. If this EAR contains a Web-app, then a
WebModule is created and also added to this J2EEDeployedObject. When I say
"added", it could be via the standard POJO style. However if you prefer a
JMX approach, one could modelize the 77 model via roles and relation types
and let the relation service deals with it.

I have surely missed something, so anyone could explain me why we are not
going into this direction?

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get five times more storage - 10MB
in your Hotmail account. Click here

View raw message