geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Castor At Runtime
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:23:58 GMT
	It turns out that if I create target/geronimo-DEV/lib/endorsed and
put xerces in there, and set

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=$TWIDDLE_HOME/lib/endorsed

	in the twiddle script, all is well.  That seems to be the
workaround that Maven uses.

	Is it OK if I go ahead and write up that change as a patch?  It
seems like it's giving preferential treatment to Xerces, but if Sun is
already including a broken version somehow (must be a bad copy of a
dependent class since they don't appear to include Xerces directly?), I
don't see how making our version the system default is any worse.

Aaron