geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Hanging testcases [was Re: [properties]Why .properties instead of XML?]
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:57:45 GMT
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Siva wrote:
>       Am using a windows mac with 1.4.0_01 jdk.Any
> clues?

	That's a fairly unique platform!  Am afraid I don't have any
advice to give on it.

	But WRT the hostname, what I meant was that if your machine is
called "workstation" you should be able to "ping workstation", and if that
doesn't work, add an entry to /etc/hosts so that "ping workstation" hits
127.0.0.1.  It's a little chancy on Windows because I think Windows ping
will resolve and use SMB names whereas Java won't (though it also may be
different with/without WINS) -- I'm not sure how to do a good test on
Windows.

Aaron