geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [properties]Why .properties instead of XML?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:05:57 GMT
	WRT the hangs, Check that your machine's host name resolves
properly.  I had a problem with the remoting tests hanging when I took my
work machine home, and its host name was only resolvable against the DNS
at work.  Putting the host name in the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts (or
windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) fixed the problem, though it also
usually means that remote clients won't be able to connect over RMI.

Aaron