geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [Deployment] Deployment of packed wars ears etc
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:08:49 GMT
	My feeling is that the deployer should unpack and prepare the
archives and pass the container something like a ClassLoader and an array
of DD references (probably a stack of XMLBeans/Castor beans for each DD or
something).  I think we want the deployer service to manage creating the
ClassLoader hierarchy across an EAR, and I would want to use the same
Geronimo DDs regardless of which servlet or EJB container you have plugged
in at the moment, so I don't think we'd do well to delegate everything to
the container.

	One open question to me is, if we accept J2EE 1.3 and J2EE 1.2
EARs in addition to 1.4, we'll have somewhat different XMLBeans for each
version, so should the container interface have one deploy method per spec
version, or should we not use XMLbeans in the interface and shoehorn all
the XMLbeans data into one data structure before passing it to the
container?

Aaron