geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Choice of impl
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:46:10 GMT
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> There seem to be three choices on the table so far:
> 1) commons-sandbox/naming (the one extracted from Tomcat)
> 2) Jetty's
> 3) OpenEJB's

	Actually, for the record, OpenEJB's naming is not an option since
the copyright is owned by Exoffice/Intalio/whatever and so the code, as I
understand it, cannot be imported into an Apache tree despite the BSD
license.  (I guess a binary would probably be legal, if useless).

	This is not to say someone couldn't do a retyping job or
something, but if we're looking for a "just works" implementation, I think
it has to be one of the other two (which I'm not familiar with).

Aaron