geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: XMLBeans, a quick comment
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:09:28 GMT
	I think what he means is that Castor, as configured, generates
more or less POJOs -- if you look at the *Config.java classes in
org.apache.geronimo.twiddle.config, there's nothing Castor or XML specific
at all.  I take advantage of this too in the JSR-88 code I'm about to send
out.  One of the advantages here is for JSR-88, you can populate a set of
deployment information JavaBeans either from the JSR-88 DConfigBeans, or
from an XML DD.  It's a one-liner to load or store an XML file, but the
actual objects have no particular XML code in them.  (Granted, the
separate set of XXXDescriptor objects *do* have the XML stuff.)

	That said, I haven't seen what XMLBeans generates, so I don't know
how it compares.

Aaron