geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:43:06 GMT
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, James Strachan wrote:
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 04:55  am, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > .enterprise.deploy.provider  // the JSR-88 provider code
> > .enterprise.deploy.tool      // the JSR-88 tool code
> > .enterprise.deploy.server    // the back-end Geronimo logic that
> >                              // is not specific to JSR-88
>
> How about the above but without the .enterprise? Geronimo is an
> enterprise server so I guess thats not required.

	Then we would have geronimo.deployment and geronimo.deploy which
do very different things...  We could go with "appdeploy" or something;
I'm just having trouble coming up with anything that's better than
enterprise.deploy but doesn't clash with "deployment".  Perhaps the
content currently in "deployment" could be moved to a subpackage, and then
everything could go in subpackages of "deployment"?

Aaron