geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: Timer Service
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:14:05 GMT
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Please review the spec in detail - the EJB Timer Service has requirements
> for persistent timers and IIRC notifications for events that happened when
> the server was down.

	True, but I think we could write something simple using a file for
persistence and java.util.Timer if we wanted to meet the minimum
requirements.  There is no facility in the spec for cron-style scheduling
-- the only scheduling options are millisecond offsets, IIRC.  Granted, we
could certainly integrate a fancier package and offer more "value added"
features.  I'm trying to say I don't think we *need* to go there unless we
want to.

View raw message