geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:50:24 GMT
	When I used Quartz before, it was pretty heavyweight, in that you
had to create like 8 DB tables.  I don't think we want to require that in
order to use the EJB service.  Hopefully Quartz has some non-DB options
for storing its configuration?  But still, it seems to me that's way
overkill for the EJB timer service, which is pretty simple IIRC (wake me
up in x ms, not scheduling for "2 AM on the first weekday of every month
except holidays" or anything).

	Another option is JCronTab (I think that's the right name), also
overkill, but less overkill.

Aaron