geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:55:57 GMT
	I'm fine with .server and .tool, but I don't think .common is
necessarily right for the other stuff.  I guess by "the other stuff", I'm
thinking of any kind of "back end logic" responsible for doing stuff on
the server side, that won't be exposed to the client.

	Just saying that though makes me think that perhaps ".server"
doesn't mean what we want it to mean.  Perhaps they should be

.enterprise.deploy.provider  // the JSR-88 provider code
.enterprise.deploy.tool      // the JSR-88 tool code
.enterprise.deploy.server    // the back-end Geronimo logic that
                             // is not specific to JSR-88

	My only concern is that if we have any subpackages, a 7-part
package name is kind of gross.

Aaron