geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [general] low signal, high noise
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:17:06 GMT

Different issue Alan.

What I'm after are sub-lists. ie)

geronimo-dev mail list then:
[general]   or  [spec]  etc.

At Jakarta Commons we have slowly managed to get the Developer list to
abide by this, though no the User list 100% of the time. Although I [and
someone else] suggested such a thing for Geronimo, the sheer number of
people here means it's unlikely it'll manage to learn to abide by informal
rules [my opinion from the Commons community].

Even if it is, the only way to make it adhere is to define a solid set of
sub-contexts and publish these [wiki, whereever]. Or to push off separate
lists [which damages the development of the community, but so does too
much noise].

For your problem, have you tried filtering on a header? That's the
preferred way. However I often find myself forgetting and filtering on the
Reply-To.

Hen