geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: All Interested In J2EE Deployment/Verification Please Read
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:35:48 GMT
	Again, my thought is that the verifier and deployer should not
directly share each other's objects.  Among other things, the JSR-88
DeploymentManager will not have a representation of the standard J2EE
deployment descriptors, though ultimately whatever does the actual
deploying needs to.  I don't think it would make sense to mix who owns
what in terms of the metadata.

	I think it would be better to have a lightweight metadata tree
that represents the J2EE and Geronimo-specific metadata, and have whatever
configuration mechanisms there are deal with that.  So both JSR-88 and
verifier would refer to that metadata model, but they won't directly be
sharing each other's internals otherwise.

Aaron

P.S. Please don't shout.  I don't think people have been having trouble
discussing plans in the absence of volume.