geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:32:36 GMT
	What spec are you talking about?  There is no spec for a verifier
to adhere to.  The spec that a deployer could concievably adhere to says
nothing about verification, or about the specific representation of
server-specific information.  I'm not sure how you can take these two
components and "strictly adhere to the spec" for both of them.  And for
deployment, it isn't really an option to have a JSR-88 implementation that
doesn't "strictly adhere to the spec" any more that we could have a
non-compliant EJB container or web container.

Aaron