geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:21:13 GMT
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Chris Opacki wrote:
> I have the javax.enterprise.deployment classes
> downloaded from sun. Do we need anything else to start
> the DDBean implementations? I'm not sure if anyone
> else has started on these things... Jon Duty and I
> (and anyone else interested) are ready to start on
> these things.

	The point is, we probably can't use the classes you downloaded
from Sun.  Have you examined the license with care?  Are we allowed to
freely redistribute them under our own license?  That not typically
allowed.

	Also, before starting on the DDBeans, we need to assemble the list
of deployment information that is actually required.  Otherwise, what will
the DDBeans represent?  We should probably also prioritize EJB, Web, J2CA,
and application metadata and tackle these one at a time.

	We also need to figure out how the JSR-88 impl will communicate
with the server, since they're typically run in different JVMs, if not on
different machines altogether.

Aaron