geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [JNDI] Commons Naming checking Was: JNDI Impl (fwd)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:19:51 GMT

Okay, so I should have re-titled this.

A copy of the Tomcat JNDI is in the Commons-sandbox as Commons Naming.

The CVS is:

jakarta-commons-sandbox naming

and not jakarta-commons naming.  Bad habit.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:15:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Richard@Monson-Haefel.com
Subject: Re: JNDI Impl

I've commited the Tomcat JNDI implementation into
jakarta-commons-sandbox/naming. I had played around a bit, pushing some
standard looking components into a jndi sub-package but I've backed that
out currently as unimportant.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/naming/

The maven project.xml works for building under maven b10. There are a lot
of Sun dependencies though, so you have to hunt them down. I'll try to
hook some urls to them to make life a little easier.

I'm no shakes at JNDI, just interested, so for me my next step is to
understand fully what is going on in the Tomcat JNDI [I've got a good
grasp, but have yet to work out how to pass in some xml configurations
etc]. If others have better drives etc, I'm happy to act as the Commons
gopher and deal with websites, releases, passing on the Commons/ASF way
etc.

cvs checking out via:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs