geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers - Topics AND Configuration
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:41:40 GMT

I think they should be separate. The Configuration code will [I hope] be
users of the JNDI code. It's something I've found myself tending towards.
A JNDI implementation, but I often write a simple Config class around that
JNDI back end. Simple things like:

getAsString
getAsInteger
getAsFile

etc etc, which keeps the code using the configuration a bit cleaner. More
importantly, they are separated.

My belief is that other parts of the system using the Configuration should
do so through an interface. etc etc, OO OO, polywossism usw.

Hen