geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Author Tags (was: geronimo-dev Digest 12 Aug 2003 07:13:43 -0000 Issue 31)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:27:21 GMT

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

> In message <20030812095528.GC28130@lyra.org>, Greg Stein writes:
> >Maybe there are reasons to have author tags, but I would *really* discourage
> >their use as a mechanism to establish responsibility for any piece of code.
>
> Anyway, I believe we're in violent agreement as people say, so I'll
> end my editorializing on this thread.

Hope not :) I'm happy to ditch the author's and learn. I think part of
what will be interesting with Geri is that it seems to involved a
substantial number of Apache people who are non-Jakarta. Not only a J2EE
server, but also a vehicle for bringing the Apache Way and the Jakarta Way
[tattered as it is] into full sync.

Hen