geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: RES: RES: Dynamic proxies
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:12:15 GMT
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 denes@ppgia.pucpr.br wrote:
> 3. Could argue that since its in specs, I would like to have the choice...
> (sorry, canĀ“t resist :) )

	One could argue that since the specs say you can only use local
interfaces for EJBs in the same EAR, you should put all the EJBs you want
local access to *in the same EAR*.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

	Another way to approach the deployment problem is to allow the
redeployment of JARs/WARs within an EAR.  I think JSR-88 allows for that,
and in general it should be possible to autodetect what's changed in the
EAR (based on file sizes, dates, checksums, or something along those
lines).

Aaron