geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:40:14 GMT

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Richard Monson-Haefel wrote:

> These are excellent issues, Aaron.
>
> Speaking only for myself, I envisioned a development track as follows:
>
> 1st. Develop, or otherwise obtain, a simple in memory JNDI ENC that can be used
> across J2EE components. Something very basic, immutable, bootstrapped off a flat

On this now. Commons JNDI. Resolving the dependencies so it will at least
compile and removing things like the MBean part for the moment. It'll go
in the Commons-sandbox sometime next week I imagine.

Alternative is my simple-jndi package [which already fulfills two of your
criteria, simple and jndi being in the title!] which might be of interest.
I'm just not sure if it's too simple in concept for your plans.

+1 to your general development plan.

Hen