geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: One True Way (TM) of handling configuration files
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:42:12 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> And all of this runs into issues with JSR88 (Deployment) which requires that
> the container exposes JavaBeans for manipulating the deployment config
> (including the vendor specific part) and uses an API for deployment (rather
> than the copy-the-archive-in model typically used today).

	I think JSR-88 can be made to work in most any case.  The API can
update the original EAR, write out a new DD (XML or otherwise) and send it
to the server, serialize a bunch of objects, call methods on the server,
etc.  It's supposed to expose a "deployment plan" to the tool, but that
can be in any form.

Aaron