geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: RES: "Virtual Hosting"
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:37:27 GMT
	I agree that what you describe can be a handy feature, with two
caveats:

 - it needs to be easy to change all relevant ports so you can run 2
configs without them conflicting by default

 - it would be nicer if all the common code was shared across
configuration dirs, instead of (for example) having a full servlet engine
in each config dir.  In other words, let's put all the config files in
there but leave the bulky code elsewhere.

	However, I'm really suggesting we implement this within the VM,
whereas the above works by running multiple VMs.  If you want to run
multiple VMs, you can always just install the product twice.  I prefer to
also have the option to run apps sandboxed in the same VM.  Granted you
wouldn't be able to run different apps with different server components
(EJB/Web container, etc.) this way, but I think that's OK.

Aaron