geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: OpenEJB
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:37:44 GMT
	You missed the fact that OpenEJB doesn't qualify as a "working"
container...  And I say that as a contributor, not to be mean.  It's
generally aimed at 1.1 and there are some major features currently missing
(like security).  This is not to say the energy couldn't be put there
instead of elsewhere to turn out the EJB container for Geronimo, but
personally I'm waiting to see what the imported code looks like before I
start arguing one way or another.  Ideally, we'd end up with the best of
both worlds (or next best, two worlds that are drop-in replacements).  I
don't want to see anyone's energy squashed.

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Michael Turilin wrote:
> Why OpenEJB container doesn't used as EJB Container in Geronimo
> project?
> As I understand Richard Monson-Haefel now is in the team
> and maybe he could donate existing and WORKING container
> for further development and Geronimo won't need Elba and JBoss
> to make it's upcoming components useful...
> Or I miss something?
> Best regards,
> Michael Turilin

View raw message