geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [JNDI] "Virtual Hosting"
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:23:15 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kington, Max wrote:
> This could be a function of the security provilages, in terms of visibility.
> E.g. with a particular group of user logins to the directory, they are
> associated
> with a different underlying directory stores.

	True, but it also impinges on configuration and deployment.
Several servers assume that resources such as JDBC/JMS/JavaMail are
"server" resources not "application" resources.  In other words, if 5 apps
need 8 DB pools, then all 8 pools are visible to all 5 apps.  We would
need to agree in principle to at least allow, if not require, resources to
be associated with specific applications.

Aaron