geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:32:49 GMT
	I'll suggest a couple things to think about for the JNDI
implementation:

1) Should there be a remote JNDI?  It's traditional, but not really
required by the specs AFAICT, as long as you don't mind forcing all
application clients to use a client container.

2) If so, should there be one JNDI impl with both local and remote
features, or two separate impls, a remote-only and a local-only

3) If there is a remote JNDI, should it be "securable"?  That is, should
you be able to require people to log in in order to access it?

Aaron