geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: where Napoleon is banned
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:17:53 GMT

elba.sourceforge.net  was mentioned earlier I believe. It seems to be the
correct site. You can either get the code from CVS or look at their 3.2.2
release.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/elba/elba/ being a link to
the CVS.

Reading the site, I'm to think of Elba as a latticework for Geronimo. I
thought that was something you put on a pie. It seems quite a good idea
though.

Elba will be an LGPL J2EE server. It begins as a fork of JBoss and will
replace components with Geronimo components until all JBoss is gone. Then
it will die.

[ranting..]
Quite peculiar in that it effectively has the same core team as Geronimo,
but is not under the legal auspices of the ASF. Companies need to adapt to
this style more often I think. It's ludicrous to think that an employee
can only belong to one group [their company].